Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Responses

Disillusionment of Ten o’Clock
Wallace Stevens

To be honest, I really wish I understood the meaning of this poem. First I read it, then played the video and I noticed that it didn’t really appeal to me until I played the video animation of it. The video is great, I think it complements the poem nicely and is visually interesting on its own as well. After looking up what the poem meant I now know that it deals with imagination, but I think for once I enjoyed the visual more then the written part.

Love Songs
Robert Kelly

I loved the simplicity of these poems. It seems to me that that was their intent. They kind of read with an aggressive voice, but maybe he is just passionate, but it seems very “take it or leave it” which maybe is also a commentary on love itself. I enjoy the message of the poems/songs, and find it interesting that the first song is titled Love Song but no where in the poem does he mention love. Maybe to him love happens all the time, and that is what he is interested in.
I didn’t care for the image though, kind of cheesy.

No comments:

Post a Comment