Saturday, March 17, 2012

MOre Responses!

The Man With the Blue Guitar
By Wallace Stevens

I found myself becoming bored with this poem. At times the language and images would spark my interest, but others times the words would just ramble on I felt. I was not able to find the meaning of the poem. It had a melancholic tone to it I felt, which reflected the mood of Picasso’s painting. Its funny such a simple painting, accompanied by a lengthy poem.



The Man with the Hoe
By Edwin Markham

This poem relates the fatigued gesture of the laborer to I think, the underclass workers. It reads like a battle cry for a revolution of the overworked and underpaid. I enjoyed the image of kings and kingdoms that shape the form of the tired worker, creating a relationship between the shapes in the painting to the images of the language.

No comments:

Post a Comment